We are accountable for personal information in our possession or control.
- established and put into effect policies and procedures aimed at properly protecting personal information
- educated our staff and third-party partners about our policies and procedures and their roles and responsibilities in protecting personal information
We identify the reasons for collecting information from you before we collect it.
We generally identify the purposes for which we use your Personal or Company Information at the time we collect it and obtain your consent prior to use.
Some of the primary purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information include:
- to provide services to you;
- to complete a transaction with you when you purchase or use a product or service offered by us;
- to inform you about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to send you electronic newsletters to which you have subscribed, and to better understand which articles are of interest to you;
- to conduct research and analytics for purposes that include but are not limited to better understanding your needs, to gather feedback about products and services, and producing data analytics and statistical reports;
- to respond to inquiries you submit;
- to establish and manage your account(s);
- to customize the content presented to you when on our website;
- to use certain website services, and
- to report usage of our website
We may also use your Personal Information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We obtain your consent before collecting personal information from you.
We explain your options and obtain your implicit or explicit consent at the time of or prior to collecting, using, or disclosing your Personal Information. We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you complete an application form or purchase a product or service from us). We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as industry organizations, trade show registrations, and other institutions and organizations. We also collect your Personal Information where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Where is it reasonable to do so, or permitted by law, we may rely on implied consent.
Except as required to process a transaction, to maintain records, or as required or permitted by applicable law, providing us with your personal information is voluntary. You may withdraw or modify your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice is given to us. If you withdraw your consent to receive information regarding certain products, publications, services, or events being offered by us, we will not notify you. Refusal or withdrawal of consent from use of personal information by us may result in our being unable to provide you with services.
We periodically email site and service updates to users. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you may request to be removed from this electronic mailing list at any time by contacting (xxx). You should understand, however, that if you are removed from the mailing list you may not be made aware of the status or availability of certain services.
Personal Information is any information that is identifiable to you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company name, your role, mailing address, phone numbers, email address, identification numbers, credit card numbers, banking information, and creditor information. Personal Information, however, generally does not include information that we collect, use, or disclose solely for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual.
We disclose personal information only for purposes for which we have consent, as permitted or required by law. We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time of or prior to collecting such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure. For example, we may:
- transfer/disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of providing services to you
- transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contracted agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, such as service providers that provide communication services support or data storage or processing – for the purpose of, facilitating commercial transactions
- share information with your organization via usage reports accessible by the individual(s) designated by your organization as group administrator(s);
- disclose your Personal Information to such persons and for such purposes for which you provide your consent; and
- disclose your Personal Information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you. We will use, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and as permitted or required by law.
From time to time, we may disclose or hold your Personal Information outside of the U.S. or Canada, and while outside of Canada it may be subject to access by regulators in accordance with the laws of those jurisdictions.
We strive to keep accurate and complete personal information in our possession or control to the extent required to meet the purposes for which we collected it.
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate and complete as possible based on information provided to us by you or any organization to which you belong. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, if applicable.
We protect the privacy of personal information in our possession or control by using security standards appropriate for the sensitivity of the information.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual, and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. However, our web server may collect the IP address and domain you used to access our website, the type and version of web browser and operating system you are using, the number, duration and frequency of visits to our website. We cannot trace this anonymous information to a specific individual User. We use it for analytical purposes to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and to determine the characteristics of visitors using our website and services. We may use this data to monitor website performance for systems administration purposes, to make our website easier and more convenient to use, to improve our services, and to track information in aggregate form. This helps us better understand our website traffic, visitor behavior, and the impact of campaigns, content and email-driven traffic. By having access to such deeper data insights, we can re-evaluate content offerings, map customer buying journeys, and provide you with a more personalized visitor site experience, enabling demographic and interest reporting.
We use Google Analytics. A description of how Google Analytics collects and processes data is set out in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
Please note that we have also implemented the following specific Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers.
We use small files called cookies that your Web browser places on your computer’s hard drive to
- remember a User’s code, subscriptions, and preferences while the User is using our website
- to facilitate navigating different website pages
- to personalize the users experience when returning to our website
- to monitor progression through our website
- to identify opportunities to improve the user experience
- to customize ads you see when visiting our website or third party sites.
Because we’ve enabled the Advertising Reporting Features, Google Analytics collects information via its Google advertising cookies: see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872#web.
Should you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics advertising features, you may do so at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Our website contains security mechanisms that protect against the loss, the misuse and the modification of information under our control.
Please note that it is your responsibility to protect your user id and password information. If this information is disclosed the privacy of your information cannot be assured.
We respond on a timely basis to requests about personal information which we possess or control.
We will generally make available to you any Personal Information that we have collected, used, or disclosed about you upon your written request to the extent permitted or required by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes. You may review or update personal information by accessing files created on our website.
You can at any time, challenge the accuracy or completeness of the Personal Information related to you. Where we validate your identity, and you successfully demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your Personal Information, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
We will not assess any costs to you for access to your Personal Information or to our Privacy Policies or Practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any. We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such information shall be used only for this purpose.